MCSL’s vision is to be a premier co-operative society based on biblical values.
As a co-operative society, MCSL’s objectives include:
- To promote economic interest of members in accordance with co-operative principles
- To encourage co-operative, self-help, mutual assistance and sharing amongst members
- To develop, provide or procure childcare, educational, legal, medical, welfare, recreational, housing and transport services for the benefit of members
- To promote the buying and selling of consumer and medical goods and services on a co-operative basis.
- To promote healthy, wholesome and simple lifestyles
MCSL’s mission is to develop, manage and invest in social enterprises to meet the needs of the community. Its social enterprises are streamlined into separate private limited companies to enable greater focus and productivity.
Hosanna Bereavement Services Pte Ltd provides 24-hour professional, personal and dignified services to Christian bereaved families in all aspects of bereavement matters.
All property and cleaning related businesses are conducted under a second enterprise - MCSL Management Pte Ltd (MMPL). MMPL supplies a full spectrum of affordable facility management services, including performing the role of a managing agent for John Wesley Centre and Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church.
Christians are welcome to join the co-operative as Ordinary Members (if they are members of a Methodist church) or as associate members (if they are non-Methodist Christians). A Common Good Fund / Membership Committee meets regularly to ensure members’ well-being. Recreational, educational and social programmes and activities are planned throughout the year for the benefit of members.