The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is celebrating its 135th anniversary next year and we need your help!
We’re holding a logo design competition and are seeking Methodists in Singapore who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo to commemorate this historic occasion. The logo should be recognisable and help promote our anniversary theme, “LOVING GOD, SERVING TOGETHER”.
The contest begins on 25 May 2019 and submissions will be accepted until 31 August 2019. Winners will be announced via our website, in our social media channels, in Methodist Message and by direct contact to the winners’ email accounts.
How to Enter
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be submitted:
- to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date
- as a high-resolution .jpg file or .pdf file with resolution 300dpi or higher. It can be hand-drawn and photographed, or electronically drawn
- with your name, email address, phone number and your affiliation to the Methodist Church in Singapore
Who is eligible?
- attend a Methodist church,
- have attended or are currently attending any of our Methodist schools or kindergartens,
- work in any Methodist church, school, agency or in MCS itself,
- are a beneficiary of any of our welfare organisations,
or if you are in any other way connected to the Methodist family. You can be of any age; you can do it solo, or collaborate with friends (who are also from the Methodist family).
- Professional: The logo may be used anywhere on the MCS website, social media, business cards, letterheads, publicity collateral, gifts or anywhere else MCS decides. So while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
- Theme: The logo should promote the MCS135 theme and contain the words “MCS135”.
- Colour: There are no limitations and any colours may be used. However, logo must look good in colour (if any), or black and white, and it must be able to be used on either white or black backgrounds.
- Integrity: The logo cannot contain copyrighted material. It must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). The logo must not include images or licenced images that have been previously published. It must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
- Winners will be selected by the Bishop and the Council of Presidents.
- Contestants must agree for MCS to publish their logo and name(s), and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
- Contestants will assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to MCS. Additionally, MCS may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary.
- MCS reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
First prize: $300 cash (and a place in Methodist history!)
Second prize: $200 cash
Third prize: $100 cash