The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Administrative Executive, Council on Education (Permanent Part-Time).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide administrative and logistics support for all the meetings for which Education Secretary is responsible for, including meetings of Council on Education, Committee on Education, and any meetings with external parties.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support for Education Secretary’s initiatives, where required, including to assist in procurement and KRIS Record & Document Management System submissions.
- Assist Education Secretary and Director of Ministry in Schools (DMS) in budget tracking and preparation for annual CoE Budget submission.
- Coordinate with Education Secretary on preparation of Schools Statistics Report, for Annual Report to GC and Annual Conferences.
- Coordinate annual reprint of Educational Mission Brochure.
- Perform general clerical duties such as keying, filing and updating of information.
- Diploma from an established institution with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Good service-orientation to serve the needs of the various committees, and to engage effectively with the members and school heads.
- Good planning and organising skills especially in filing and managing registry.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills are required to collaborate with various key stakeholders.
- Able to communicate effectively across many levels of committees headed by clergy and laity.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please email us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.