The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Finance Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, organise and direct all accounting and financial services functions in the Finance department.
- Responsible to provide accounting, taxation and financial services to GC entities, agencies, and Annual Conferences.
- Prepare various finance related reports/proposals for the Finance and Administration Council and General Conference Executive Council and government agencies.
- Develop and/or update finance-related policies & standard operating procedures (SOP) and Financial Manual.
- Oversee the administration and monitoring of Financial Investments for MCS and on behalf of other MCS entities.
- Oversee the year-end closing and audit to ensure that the set timeline is achieved for all the entities. Discuss and resolve audit issues raised by auditors.
- Support and recommend change management by understanding and addressing impacts of new Financial Reporting Standard (FRS), taxation rules, finance-related initiatives and non-standard transactions.
- Manage the preparation of the MCS-GC Annual Budget, provide support to Budget Committee and see through its approval by the General Conference. Monitoring adjustments to the Budget throughout the Financial year.
- Ensure that the Finance department supports the overall goals of the organization and that finance services are delivered professionally and efficiently in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Provide support to the senior management team and Council/Committees members in relation to financial matters.
- Degree in Accountancy or Business Administration, ACCA from an established institution or university.
- Minimum 7 years working experiences in charities or accounting related fields.
- Familiar with GST and basic corporate taxation
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Familiar with Charities Act and relevant statutory requirements.
- Good knowledge and experience in preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with the FRS.
- Agility to think strategically and analytically and make sound decisions based on a deep understanding of the objectives and dynamics of the MCS.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Good mastery of verbal and written communication skills, especially in proposal writing and presentation.
- Excellent skills in leadership and people management.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above position, please email us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.