The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Facilities Management Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the facilities management executive in
- administration and management of the properties and operations of the facilities under MCS;
- supervising and coordinating any upgrading works.
- preparing a summary list of term contract services. Monitor the date of term contract expiry and execute the process of contract renewal. Update the summary list of term contract and ensure that agreement is endorsed upon completion of the contract renewal.
- setting up and maintaining a filing system to ensure that all drawing plans, procurement, maintenance and operation records, and warranties and manuals are properly labeled, updated and filed for safe keeping.
- Ensure that the maintenance plan, schedule and the work assigned is carried out according to the plan or schedule and timeline.
- Conduct daily inspection according to the inspection check list to identify defect and irregularities in the performance of service providers and contractors.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with service providers and contractors carrying out works on site.
- Ensure that service providers and contractors comply with safety and house rules while working in our premises.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the term contract service provider and ad-hoc maintenance works.
- Attend to tenants’ needs and feedback relating to building and M&E operations.
- Administer and manage the issuance of car park label. Update and maintain the record on the use of the car park.
- Administer and manage the booking and usage of the meeting rooms at level U3.
- Ensure that the Property policy manual is complied with.
- Monitor and ensure that the Maintenance and Sinking Fund expenditures incurred for the maintenance, upgrading works for the management and maintenance of the property and facility is utilised within the approved budget and Financial Year.
- Source competitive quotations or tenders for term contract works, ad-hoc repair, replacement works and upgrading works. Ensure that the procurement process comply with the approved Procurement policy.
- Manage and evaluate the performance of service providers and contractors for the term contract works, ad-hoc repair, replacement works and upgrading works.
- Ensure that all the works are carried out and completed according to approved budget, contract obligations, specifications, terms and conditions and project.
- Ensure that suppliers and contractors submit the invoice for payment upon completion of the work. Verify and process the invoices for approval of payment upon receipt from suppliers and contractors.
Prepare the Property and Facility management report for the management review, update and endorsement.
- Diploma in Building Services/Facilities Management/Engineering from an established institution with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills are required to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have good project management and problem-solving skills to analyse issues and recommend solutions.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.