The Methodist Preschool Services Pte Ltd (MPSPL) is a company wholly owned by The Methodist Church in Singapore, and seeks to centralise and centrally manage all the Methodist preschools.
MPSPL is now inviting applicants for the position of Director (Education Services) reporting to the General Manager, MPSPL.
Responsibilities and Duties
Supported by an Academic Manager and assisted by pro-bono retired educators, and working with the preschool principals, the Dir Education Services will assist the GM to plan, develop, direct, and coordinate the Education policies and processes associated with MPSPL’s core and enrichment programmes, ensuring that we can create a niche and establish ourselves as preschools of choice in this competitive landscape, and complying with the Early Childhood Development Agency’s requirements.
- Provide strategic academic leadership to strengthen the competency, capacity and cohesive effectiveness of the MPSPL preschool staff
- Establish robust academic systems and structures to support implementation of high impact strategies to achieve optimal learning outcomes for students
- Propose the strategic direction in curriculum development for our unique selling point
- Oversee the development, application and review of academic policies, practices and organizational KPIs
- Develop and implement a quality assurance framework and self-evaluation system that supports the synthesis of strategic priorities in relation to academic course design and development
- Develop detailed plans to support Board’s strategic direction of the academic positioning of MPSPL vis-a-vis the competition, to support MPSPL’s brand development effort
- Drive the academic vision and the implementation of the MPSPL’s strategic plans for teaching and learning
- Develop and continually review standards and practices for academic programmes to meet and raise student outcomes (quality management)
- Provide effective and creative leadership in the development and implementation of the IT masterplan for MPSPL centres to support teaching and learning, at the preschool and also the study-from-home situations, to include hardware and software acquisition and teacher training, and to help kids be future-ready
- Drive enrichment programmes for student development and market differentiation – multiple intelligences, active learning, to achieve USP, whole language approach, integrate into the Methodist curriculum
- Use knowledge of School Excellence Model to help centres prepare for SPARK Tool recertification and certification
- Degree or post-graduate diploma in education from an established tertiary institution.
- Minimum 10 years and above or equivalent of relevant experience in education-related field, of which 5 years and above should be in a leadership role.
- Knowledge in early childhood would be highly desirable
- Good operational knowledge of curriculum development work.
- Good knowledge of trends and best Education practices.
- Good supervisory and people management skills and be able to interact at all levels. Able to lead a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines
- Good mastery of verbal and written communication skills, especially in proposal writing and presentation
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please email us a copy or your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current and expected salary - remuneration would depend on the experience of the applicant
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.plication.