The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Property Administration Manager. This post oversees the marketing and leasing operations of Church-owned estates and any other properties assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Formulate and implement strategies to maximise rental and occupancy of the organisation’s property portfolio, including research on industry needs to determine feasibility, market trends and competitor analysis.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in strategic leasing plans and related activities. In particular, work closely with the Property Investment Panel (PIP) on short term measures and long term portfolio development; document Property Investment Panel (PIP) minutes of meeting relating to leases.
- Select, screen, and manage the Lease Managing Agents (LMA) and Property Managing Agents (PMA), including setting KPI and assessing performance relating to marketing and maintenance of properties.
- Co-develop tenant retention programs with LMA.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of LMA’s sales and marketing strategies.
- Develop policies, guidelines and instructions relating to leasing matters.
- Monitor rental payments and arrears recovery actions. Ensure that tenant’s feedback and tenancy-related matters are promptly attended to.
- Submit regular monthly reports on lease management and tenancy schedule/portfolio.
- Maintain a well organised registry of property valuations, property-related insurance, license agreements (church tenants).
- Ensure adherence to the organisation’s compliance and legal obligations in lease negotiation, lease agreements, SOT documents.
- Receive instructions from the Secretary of Trustee (SOT) as the legal owner, and coordinate with the respective local churches, conferences, agencies and schools’ regarding their property matters.
- Diploma or Degree in Estate Management or Equivalent from an established institution or university
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing and leasing of tenancy properties.
- Good knowledge of Building and Common Property (Maintenance and Management) Act (BCPA), Conveyancing and Law of Property Act (CLPA) and the Land Title Strata Act (LTSA).
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Good mastery of verbal and written communication skills, especially in proposal writing and presentation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please email us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.