The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Community Communications Manager. This position oversees the Communications Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Formulate an integrated communications and engagement strategy in close alignment with the goals of the MCS.
- Oversee and supervise the Communications team, with an overview of day-to-day operations.
- Produce MCS' official publication, Methodist Message.
- Oversee the content and messaging of MCS websites, and other online platforms.
- Provide publicity and communications support for events as directed by the Bishop.
- Provide counsel to the Bishop and the Chairperson of the Council on Communications in the area of secular developments and trends in the community, and crafting appropriate responses where relevant, including any official positions which the Bishop may be appointed to.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Methodist sector in Singapore and overseas, and in other faith communities, as well as societal trends and lifestyle practices, and prepare, where appropriate, responses where necessary, subject to the guidelines of The Book of Discipline of The Methodist Church in Singapore.
- Prepare and monitor the budget of the Council on Communications.
- Disseminate information to the Annual Conferences, churches, agencies, and schools.
- Degree in Communications from an established institution or university.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Communications, in a leadership or senior management position in corporate communications with a private sector or not-for-profit organisation, advertising or PR agency, or marketing communications in an organisation.
- Agility to think strategically and analytically, and make sound decisions based on a deep understanding of the objectives and dynamics of the MCS.
- Preferably familiar with the organisational structure and culture of The Methodist Church in Singapore.
- Familiar with the Singapore landscape – lifestyle, cultural, and media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in proposal writing and presentation.
- Experience with engaging the media and handling sensitive issues.
- Strong leadership and good interpersonal skills.
- Effective skills in motivating, leading, and building a team.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
To apply for the above vacancy, please email us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.