The Methodist School of Music (MSM) is an agency of The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS). Its Worship and Music (WM) arm seeks to enhance the quality of worship by nurturing and equipping the body of Christ in the areas of Worship and Music. At the same time, as a private school registered with the Ministry of Education, the school offers various music instrumental and dance classes through its General Music Education (GME) arm.
We are currently hiring a Manager for Worship and Church Music. This person will be responsible to review the existing programmes, develop new programmes and oversee the implementation and coordination of the programmes.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Able to conceptualize the demands and requirements of various Worship and Church Music programmes and involve in the review of existing programmes and development of new programmes.
- Conduct surveys to evaluate whether existing training programmes are suitable for regional countries and to customize them if required.
- Liaise with full/part-time lecturers on the lesson schedules, venue and timing.
- Coordinate with Church administrators on the publicity of the events across different platforms and logistics (venue booking, etc).
- Maintain the relevant online websites to upload and update programmes’ information on a timely manner.
- Maintain donors’ list and connect with them through events and activities.
- Manage enquiries on the programmes and provide accurate information to external/internal customers.
- Manage the expenses within the approved budget.
- Diploma or Degree in Church Music or related areas with 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in event planning and management
- Good entrepreneurial dispositions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; some marketing skills will be advantageous
- Good mastery of written and oral English and Mandarin, bilingual competency will be advantageous
- Musical background and/or involvement in the worship ministry will be advantageous
- Able to work during weekends
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.
Closing date: 28 February 2018