The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for IT Administrator cum Coordinator (3-year contract).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as an IT planner to assist Senior Management in studying and recommending IT initiatives to improve productivity, governance, security and disaster recovery.
- Lead in carrying out product evaluation, prioritising solution options and describing strengths and weaknesses of alternatives.
- Liaise with external service providers on IT services enhancement, application infrastructure and operation services which include development and deployment. Manage vendor relationships to ensure vendors meet contractual obligations.
- Ensure end users are constantly engaged throughout the projects and monitor User Acceptance Tests.
- Develop operation procedures for systems and other infrastructure related documentation.
- Review system performance and capacity trends for improvements; solicit and study solutions from vendors.
- Ensure that security and audit requirements are complied with.
- May be assigned to manage multiple projects.
- Assist to provide expertise and support for Windows operating systems administration, incident resolution and maintenance.
- Diploma or degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Information Technology with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Good technical knowledge in supporting large Microsoft Windows environment, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Powershell Scripting, Office 365, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding in security and anti-virus management.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining servers, storage and networks; system monitoring and backup; security for systems and network; network routing, bandwidth and system performance; software components used in deployments (operating systems, web servers, application execution environments, virtual machines, etc.)
- Experience with MS share-point; record management systems and MS Exchange server migration.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Demonstrate good spoken and written communication skills.
- This is a contract position for a period of three years. Annual review will be conducted.
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.