The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services. The Council on Communications (CoC) fosters connectionalism with our Methodist Agencies and churches through various platforms including our monthly publication Methodist Message and our corporate website.
We are inviting applications for the position of Communications Executive (1-year contract) reporting to the CoC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and implement projects related to print, corporate and marketing communications, in consultation with management and the Comms Team.
- Research and monitor developments in churches, agencies and other denominations and major Christian websites outside Singapore for the purpose of ensuring that MCS Comms content stays relevant, abreast of the news and include key developments that may be of value to the journey of discipleship etc.
- Editorial, administrative, and secretariat support as necessary.
- Assist in administering community-building efforts across all Comms platforms.
- Assist in the building of relationships with stakeholders, vendors, volunteers, external partners etc. for the purpose of facilitating news updates and seeking support for initiatives by MCS Comms.
- Implement and analyse impact measurement of Comms platforms for improvement in effectiveness.
- Provide support for other MCS-wide events as assigned.
- University graduate, with good mastery of written and oral English, as well as basic administrative and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively across many levels of committees headed by clergy and laity
- Effective organisational and multi-tasking ability
- At least 2 years’ experience in editorial, corporate communication, advertising, journalism or public relations
- Understanding of the communication processes
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.
Closing date: 28 February 2017