The Archive and History Library of The Methodist Church in Singapore is a repository and archive of historical records and materials related to The Methodist Church of about 40 square meters, and office, work space, library and research area located at Methodist Centre, 70 Barker Road since 2003.
We have a vacancy for Archives Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and carry out library and archival processes, including: receiving, processing, cataloging, accessioning and digitization of library and archival materials.
- Update and maintain archival database to manage materials and allow for accessibility and easy retrieval.
- Staff the reference desks as scheduled.
- Provide general reference services and assist researchers in accessing and using materials
- Liaise internally and externally with internal and external sources to obtain materials to add to archival and library collection.
- Liaise with vendors and contractors for regular equipment maintenance schedule.
- Conduct research on donated and acquired items to aid in cataloging and perform
- Support the Council on Archives and History to prepare periodic reports and the annual budget.
- Support local Methodist Church Archivists’ meetings
- Highly proficient with using computers and scanning equipment.
- Have an understanding of library organizational systems and shelving
- Possess working knowledge on using client/online database management software interfaces to catalogue information.
- Understands the digitisation process and pitfalls.
- Candidates who have used software to maintain digital archives will be highly considered.
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.