The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) logo focuses on a Spirit-empowered, loving and caring community growing qualitatively and numerically by God's grace.
The concept is twofold:
Firstly, a stylised, abstract graphic of a pair of uplifted hands forming the letter 'M' (Methodist) in the shape of a heart, signifying loving and caring. The centre of focus is the Cross of Calvary. (Colour: Pantone Blue 286 C | Hex Code: #0033A0)
Secondly, the red flame speaks of the gift of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2:3) and the 'tongues of fire' suggests that the church is energised by the Holy Spirit. The merging of the two images therefore suggests the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (tongues of fire) in a loving and caring church. (Colour: Pantone Warm Red C | Hex Code: F9423A)
Guidelines for Use
The Council on Communications is authorised by the General Conference to supervise the use of the MCS logo, as provided for in our Book of Discipline.
The logo may be used by official MCS churches and agencies to identify and promote MCS work, programmes and materials, such as on letterheads, posters and websites.
Please contact MCS Communications Department at email@example.com should you wish to use the logo.
The following are the guidelines for acceptable use:
- The MCS logo should be clearly visible.
- The proportions of the MCS logo should be preserved.
- The MCS logo and the entity's own logo may be used together, as long as they do not overlap and are balanced in size and prominence.
Prohibited use includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Commercial use (such as placement of the logo on product packaging).
- An individual's use of the logo for personal purposes.
- Use of logo outside of scope described above.
Third Party Use
For third parties who wish to use our logo (such as news organisations), please obtain permission first by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your use of our logo implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms stated above.